HughesNet Community

Welcome to the Sneak Preview of the New Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz
Moderator
Moderator

Welcome to the Sneak Preview of the New Community!

While you're test driving the new platform, please keep in mind:

  • You're in our testing stage, so anything created here will not carry over to the live community when it launches, this includes HughesNet e-mails, community usernames, threads, posts, kudos, etc.
  • Ignore this header, it's not integrated in this testing stage so it will not work as intended:Capture.PNG
  • Content from the previous community will be migrated, along with your accounts, so you retain your post count and history, when we go live with the new community. 
  • Have fun!

Edit:

Devs are still working in this testing stage so if you find things suddenly not working, especially logging in/registering, try again later.

 

Thanks,
Liz
37 REPLIES 37

Using my laptop, with some sun light giving a little glare on the screen the lighter fonts just wash right out. The higher contrast black headers are much easier to read.

I think most users will be in a home rather than office setting.

 

I think they are working on getting the text darkened... Was informed that the coloration was chosen due to the overall design element that someone wanted, and it takes their approval to change.  Shouldn't be hard to get the approval since it's such a minor change that would improve use of the community for many.

I could see someone that's older and doesn't adjust their screen settings, or the view angle of the screen having more serious issues reading the posts.

Personal Machine: ECS B85H3-M | Intel i5 4460 | 16GB DDR3-1333 | eVGA 750Ti | Samsung 830 120GB
Server: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 | AMD FX8350 | 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC | Intel Quad Gigabit NIC | 3Ware 9650SE-12ML + BBU | 650w OCZ ZS PSU | eVGA LP 710 | 10x WD RE 4TB disks in Raid10


C0RR0SIVE wrote:

I could see someone that's older and doesn't adjust their screen settings, or the view angle of the screen having more serious issues reading the posts.

 

Hey you talkin' bout me?


 

Got confirmation that the font color has been changed to black. After looking around, it looks like it's black. You guys seeing the same thing?

Thanks,
Liz


Liz wrote:

Got confirmation that the font color has been changed to black. After looking around, it looks like it's black. You guys seeing the same thing?


The more I look at the posts, the more it looks like the subject line is black, but the main body text is still dark gray...

 

Thanks,
Liz

Same as you Liz, black subject, lighter grey for body.

Does the body text look black now? I feel like I've been staring at this page too long and my eyes are playing tricks on me.

 

The dev and I even checked the code and it's black...Capture.PNG

 

 

Thanks,
Liz

Definitely darker, not as black as topic though, but much better.

Ok, thanks!

 

Thanks,
Liz


Liz wrote:

Ok, thanks!

 


test

Using my laptop, with some sun light giving a little glare on the screen the lighter fonts just wash right out. The higher contrast black headers are much easier to read.

I think most users will be in a home rather than office setting.

 

I think they are working on getting the text darkened... Was informed that the coloration was chosen due to the overall design element that someone wanted, and it takes their approval to change.  Shouldn't be hard to get the approval since it's such a minor change that would improve use of the community for many.

I could see someone that's older and doesn't adjust their screen settings, or the view angle of the screen having more serious issues reading the posts.

Personal Machine: ECS B85H3-M | Intel i5 4460 | 16GB DDR3-1333 | eVGA 750Ti | Samsung 830 120GB
Server: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 | AMD FX8350 | 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC | Intel Quad Gigabit NIC | 3Ware 9650SE-12ML + BBU | 650w OCZ ZS PSU | eVGA LP 710 | 10x WD RE 4TB disks in Raid10


C0RR0SIVE wrote:

I could see someone that's older and doesn't adjust their screen settings, or the view angle of the screen having more serious issues reading the posts.

 

Hey you talkin' bout me?


 

Got confirmation that the font color has been changed to black. After looking around, it looks like it's black. You guys seeing the same thing?

Thanks,
Liz


Liz wrote:

Got confirmation that the font color has been changed to black. After looking around, it looks like it's black. You guys seeing the same thing?


The more I look at the posts, the more it looks like the subject line is black, but the main body text is still dark gray...

 

Thanks,
Liz

Same as you Liz, black subject, lighter grey for body.

Does the body text look black now? I feel like I've been staring at this page too long and my eyes are playing tricks on me.

 

The dev and I even checked the code and it's black...Capture.PNG

 

 

Thanks,
Liz

Definitely darker, not as black as topic though, but much better.

Ok, thanks!

 

Thanks,
Liz


Liz wrote:

Ok, thanks!

 


test