HughesNet Community

Thoughts on Champion status/group... Other input welcome!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C0RR0SIVE
Senior

Thoughts on Champion status/group... Other input welcome!

So, I kinda sorta have been tasked with asking everyone before the site goes live, since we don't currently have a Champion Rank and it's on the drawing board, some people are considering not using the name Champion, but maybe something different.  I haven't been given much of any details, but having a group name of regular posters is still planned, but the old name may not stick.

So, what this topic is for, is to get peoples input on possible names for the "Champion" group. 

I personally like, but dislike the "Champion" name, and was thinking of "Hughesnet Expert" or something more refined for us.  Seeing as current Champions can only really help with Technical things and can't do anything about billing issues, maybe "Tech Guru"?

Would be nice to see a discussion with input from everyone, including our lovely overlords as to ideas for names. 🙂  

Just remember, the Champion thing is slated for approval later, right now it's more important the site is operational, but this is a great time to get private information discussed.

Personal Machine: ECS B85H3-M | Intel i5 4460 | 16GB DDR3-1333 | eVGA 750Ti | Samsung 830 120GB
Server: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 | AMD FX8350 | 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC | Intel Quad Gigabit NIC | 3Ware 9650SE-12ML + BBU | 650w OCZ ZS PSU | eVGA LP 710 | 10x WD RE 4TB disks in Raid10
20 REPLIES 20
Gwalk900
Junior

I've been called a lot worse. Smiley Very Happy

BirdDog
Junior

Shill or Psychophant? Sorry, couldn't resist.

I dunno, Major Contributor, Helper Award, lots of possibilities. I look at it maybe being a badge or award instead of a title. Only thing then is determing criteria for awarding it. Think we can all agree whatever that criteria is, GabeU should receive it and possibly a few others.

The reason I state title is because it's something awarded to users that show a deeper understanding or willingness to help in appropriate cases, much like the old Champion system.

Personal Machine: ECS B85H3-M | Intel i5 4460 | 16GB DDR3-1333 | eVGA 750Ti | Samsung 830 120GB
Server: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 | AMD FX8350 | 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC | Intel Quad Gigabit NIC | 3Ware 9650SE-12ML + BBU | 650w OCZ ZS PSU | eVGA LP 710 | 10x WD RE 4TB disks in Raid10

BirdDog wrote:

I dunno, Major Contributor, Helper Award, lots of possibilities. I look at it maybe being a badge or award instead of a title. Only thing then is determing criteria for awarding it. Think we can all agree whatever that criteria is, GabeU should receive it and possibly a few others.

Thank you for the confidence.  

So, got ideas for the group name Gabe? XD

c0rr0sive88 wrote:

Hughesnet Toady?  LOL.  

Won't get to talk to Liz for a couple of hours until she comes in, but we were also discussing the title the other day. I think we are using a temporary one for now? I wanted the title to be something that shows you are veterans but not make you seem like employees (see: HughesNet Expert). I thought it would be super cool to go space themed 

ezgif-2-d57aadcdbc.gif

As long as it's not "Clingon"...........Smiley Wink

Ok, "Nerd", "LurkingNerd", "SatNerd"..........sorry having really hard time coming up with something serious that is short.

Gwalk900
Junior

I've been called a lot worse. Smiley Very Happy

BirdDog
Junior

The reason I state title is because it's something awarded to users that show a deeper understanding or willingness to help in appropriate cases, much like the old Champion system.

BirdDog wrote:

Thank you for the confidence.  

c0rr0sive88 wrote:

Hughesnet Toady?  LOL.  

Won't get to talk to Liz for a couple of hours until she comes in, but we were also discussing the title the other day. I think we are using a temporary one for now? I wanted the title to be something that shows you are veterans but not make you seem like employees (see: HughesNet Expert). I thought it would be super cool to go space themed 

ezgif-2-d57aadcdbc.gif

As long as it's not "Clingon"...........Smiley Wink

Ok, "Nerd", "LurkingNerd", "SatNerd"..........sorry having really hard time coming up with something serious that is short.