cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on Champion status/group... Other input welcome!

C0RR0SIVE
Senior

Thoughts on Champion status/group... Other input welcome!

So, I kinda sorta have been tasked with asking everyone before the site goes live, since we don't currently have a Champion Rank and it's on the drawing board, some people are considering not using the name Champion, but maybe something different.  I haven't been given much of any details, but having a group name of regular posters is still planned, but the old name may not stick.

So, what this topic is for, is to get peoples input on possible names for the "Champion" group. 

I personally like, but dislike the "Champion" name, and was thinking of "Hughesnet Expert" or something more refined for us.  Seeing as current Champions can only really help with Technical things and can't do anything about billing issues, maybe "Tech Guru"?

Would be nice to see a discussion with input from everyone, including our lovely overlords as to ideas for names. 🙂  

Just remember, the Champion thing is slated for approval later, right now it's more important the site is operational, but this is a great time to get private information discussed.

Personal Machine: ECS B85H3-M | Intel i5 4460 | 16GB DDR3-1333 | eVGA 750Ti | Samsung 830 120GB
Server: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 | AMD FX8350 | 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC | Intel Quad Gigabit NIC | 3Ware 9650SE-12ML + BBU | 650w OCZ ZS PSU | eVGA LP 710 | 10x WD RE 4TB disks in Raid10
20 REPLIES 20

short on ideas myself.

Pro User ?

BirdDog wrote:

Ok, "Nerd", "LurkingNerd", "SatNerd"..........sorry having really hard time coming up with something serious that is short.

You could all be the Nerd Herd (name stolen from the Chuck series).  ETA: keep in mind words that rhyme with "nerd," though.

SatGuru.....TechGuru.

Posted it once already don't know where it went.

Think I got it........SpaceCadet.  Smiley LOL

BirdDog wrote:

Ding ding ding! LOL

Tech veteran

Tech wizard

Tech ninja

Super helper

Veteran helper

Champion helper

Hughesnet Jedi.  

Gabe1972 wrote:

Hughesnet Jedi.  

LOL. I love it.

LOL Great ideas folks, thanks for sharing.

We do have a ranking system ready when we go live. Just a heads up: When you first visit the new community, you'll have the "New Poster" rank next to your username, but once you make a post, your rank should automatically change to the appropriate one.

Thanks,
Liz

" Think we can  all agree whatever that criteria is, GabeU should receive it"

YES.

short on ideas myself.

Pro User ?

BirdDog wrote:

Ok, "Nerd", "LurkingNerd", "SatNerd"..........sorry having really hard time coming up with something serious that is short.

You could all be the Nerd Herd (name stolen from the Chuck series).  ETA: keep in mind words that rhyme with "nerd," though.

SatGuru.....TechGuru.

Posted it once already don't know where it went.

BirdDog wrote:

Ding ding ding! LOL

Tech veteran

Tech wizard

Tech ninja

Super helper

Veteran helper

Champion helper

Hughesnet Jedi.  

Gabe1972 wrote:

Hughesnet Jedi.  

LOL. I love it.

LOL Great ideas folks, thanks for sharing.

We do have a ranking system ready when we go live. Just a heads up: When you first visit the new community, you'll have the "New Poster" rank next to your username, but once you make a post, your rank should automatically change to the appropriate one.

Thanks,
Liz

" Think we can  all agree whatever that criteria is, GabeU should receive it"

YES.