Did you mean: 

Threading Test

Highlighted

Threading Test

OP 

Don't @ me.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

replying to OP different than replying to topic?

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Highlighted

it IS different.

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted

how nested can we go

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted

waterfall~

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted

if only we could collapse these like on Reddit

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted

This is different, the REPLY TO TOPIC option. This isn't available in the community now- there, the only way to reply is if you click on a reply button in someone's post/reply. So you're always replying to a specific person. At least with the threaded forum, you can reply to the thread in general, not to someone in particular. 

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted

the thing is, the only way to reply to thread is all the way at the bottom of the thread/page. I feel like this will be missed unless someone reads/scrolls thru the whole thread. In any case, a switch would be confusing for users. Perhaps once we test more and see if there's a way to optimize (check Atlas), we can make a tutorial/announcement/heads up before deploying in production.

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted
Junior

I had to scroll down 2 pages of posts to get to the reply to topic field. 😕

Highlighted

replying to OP different than replying to topic?

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted

it IS different.

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted

how nested can we go

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted

waterfall~

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted

if only we could collapse these like on Reddit

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted

This is different, the REPLY TO TOPIC option. This isn't available in the community now- there, the only way to reply is if you click on a reply button in someone's post/reply. So you're always replying to a specific person. At least with the threaded forum, you can reply to the thread in general, not to someone in particular. 

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted

the thing is, the only way to reply to thread is all the way at the bottom of the thread/page. I feel like this will be missed unless someone reads/scrolls thru the whole thread. In any case, a switch would be confusing for users. Perhaps once we test more and see if there's a way to optimize (check Atlas), we can make a tutorial/announcement/heads up before deploying in production.

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted
Junior

I had to scroll down 2 pages of posts to get to the reply to topic field. 😕