cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the HT2000w dual band?

Junior

Is the HT2000w dual band?

If not, what is final word on being able to use a personal router? Also does it track use by device that the user can see?

8 REPLIES 8
Senior

Dual band as in 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz?  If so, yes.

Dual band as in, multiple radios for each frequency? If so, no.

You will be able to use your own router if you so choose, just have to disable the Wifi on the HT2000W, and make sure your IP scheme is set right for your LAN.  This will introduce a "double-NAT" but you are technically, already behind a double-NAT on Jupiter One.

I can't comment on data usage tracking per device as I don't have a terminal yet.

Personal Machine: ECS B85H3-M | Intel i5 4460 | 16GB DDR3-1333 | eVGA 750Ti | Samsung 830 120GB
Server: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 | AMD FX8350 | 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC | Intel Quad Gigabit NIC | 3Ware 9650SE-12ML + BBU | 650w OCZ ZS PSU | eVGA LP 710 | 10x WD RE 4TB disks in Raid10

Thanks, yea I was talking WiFi signal dual band. Still would like to know about the per device usage tracking. Would be a definant no go for me using it if no tracking.

So what about device usage tracking? Amanda, Liz?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!! using a test account right now (this is Amanda) 

Without saying something totally out of my scope of knowledge, I do know the new modem can identify and display the name for each device connected wired or wireless. I have not seen the new status meter. Sorry for vagueness. 😞

Would hope if the feature isn't there yet a firmware update could provide it. I might actually consider upgrading if the capability is there.

Any testing on how far the signal reaches out and still good? Streaming distance, etc.?

"You will be able to use your own router if you so choose, just have to disable the Wifi on the HT2000W, and make sure your IP scheme is set right for your LAN."

This is good, especially when people have spent a substantial amount on a router recently.  

For me, this isn't really a problem, as I've never had a mystery data issue, nor do I presently have a modem that could help me in this endeavor.  I'd like to be able to use my own router, but if I couldn't it wouldn't be something that would keep me from upgrading to Gen5.  

Here's a wealth of early information on the HT2000W, don't have the user guide yet, but we do have the installation/setup guide!
http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Documents/1041263-0001_a.pdf

Personal Machine: ECS B85H3-M | Intel i5 4460 | 16GB DDR3-1333 | eVGA 750Ti | Samsung 830 120GB
Server: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 | AMD FX8350 | 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC | Intel Quad Gigabit NIC | 3Ware 9650SE-12ML + BBU | 650w OCZ ZS PSU | eVGA LP 710 | 10x WD RE 4TB disks in Raid10

Thank you!

Senior

Dual band as in 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz?  If so, yes.

Dual band as in, multiple radios for each frequency? If so, no.

You will be able to use your own router if you so choose, just have to disable the Wifi on the HT2000W, and make sure your IP scheme is set right for your LAN.  This will introduce a "double-NAT" but you are technically, already behind a double-NAT on Jupiter One.

I can't comment on data usage tracking per device as I don't have a terminal yet.

Thanks, yea I was talking WiFi signal dual band. Still would like to know about the per device usage tracking. Would be a definant no go for me using it if no tracking.

So what about device usage tracking? Amanda, Liz?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!! using a test account right now (this is Amanda) 

Without saying something totally out of my scope of knowledge, I do know the new modem can identify and display the name for each device connected wired or wireless. I have not seen the new status meter. Sorry for vagueness. 😞

Would hope if the feature isn't there yet a firmware update could provide it. I might actually consider upgrading if the capability is there.

Any testing on how far the signal reaches out and still good? Streaming distance, etc.?

"You will be able to use your own router if you so choose, just have to disable the Wifi on the HT2000W, and make sure your IP scheme is set right for your LAN."

This is good, especially when people have spent a substantial amount on a router recently.  

For me, this isn't really a problem, as I've never had a mystery data issue, nor do I presently have a modem that could help me in this endeavor.  I'd like to be able to use my own router, but if I couldn't it wouldn't be something that would keep me from upgrading to Gen5.  

Here's a wealth of early information on the HT2000W, don't have the user guide yet, but we do have the installation/setup guide!
http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Documents/1041263-0001_a.pdf

Thank you!